Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Do You Qualify?
Skill, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Minimum of a Master’s degree directly related to the task requirements.
• Experience with PHP and web application development.
• Experience with Android app development for tablets and smartphones.
• Working knowledge of JAVA program development.
• Familiarity with Oracle, SQL, and relational database development.
• Experience in supporting application development through integrated project workgroup meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system review for quality and performance.
• Work experience that includes 1) involvement in all aspects of the software development cycle and 2) demonstrated ability to learn both data collection processes as well as new and existing technologies.
• Ability to work as part of a team to define and refine user requirements.
• Ability to understand, implement, and integrate security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC’s Data Management Systems Division.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Current MS Office skills.
• PHP, PL/SQL, R, ArcGIS, and/or other programming languages.
• Oracle database systems.
• NSC Defensive Driving Course.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Software Application Developer/Programmer R1
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide biological work. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Software Application Developer/Programmer Position starting in spring 2020. This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA or Narragansett, RI.
• Maintaining and enhancing software applications that are used for recording fisheries data, such as the NEFSC FSCS system.
• Developing new software applications and/or modules for entering fisheries data into Oracle structures, or for accessing and viewing stored data.
• Developing or enhancing software applications for QA/QC during and after the data collection process.a
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to:
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded.
If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job. Compensation: DOE and benefits. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241