Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Do You Qualify?
Skill, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) degree in a field directly related to the task requirements.
• Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field.
• Advanced knowledge of the theories, principles, and methods in fisheries/marine ecosystem sciences with the ability to conduct and direct an advanced program.
• Advanced experience in statistical applications in fisheries research and survey design/methods, impact assessment, and modeling.
• Data processing and visualization in both relational and GIS data applications; experience working with fisheries-dependent and fisheries-independent data.
• Experience working with a broad diversity of fisheries entities-fishing industry, fishery and marine scientists, and government levels.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member; leading, collaborating, or consulting to contribute to multiple projects.
• Effectively communicate research results in reports, including peer-review publications, and presentations to other scientists, managers, policy makers, related industry groups, or the public.
• Experience in formulation and execution of research programs of considerable scope and complexity.
• Preferred candidate would have some experience and expertise working on fisheries science within the context of offshore wind or other marine uses.
• Skills/certifications and credentials:
- Current MS Office skills
- PHP, PL/SQL, R, ArcGIS, and/or other programming
- Oracle database systems.
Offshore Wind Energy Support/Consultant Level I R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs and is looking for a person to fill a full-time Offshore Wind Energy Support/Consultant position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• Technical reviews of offshore wind project-specific regulatory submissions
• Advance cooperative research activities with NOAA collaborators including regional fishing industry partners.
• Support the technical needs and participate in the scientific committee(s) of an emerging regional fisheries and offshore wind science body.
• Through collaboration with experts, evaluate and address the impacts of pending developments on NOAA Fisheries Surveys, assessments, and management measures.
• Formulate and support technical analyses of regional monitoring programs and site-specific plans.
• Analyze and present NOAA fisheries data, including spatio-temporal analyses of study fleet data.
• Development of manuscripts for publication, technical memorandums/reference documents, and presentation materials.
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: DOE and benefits
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241