Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Perform technical reviews of offshore wind project-specific regulatory submissions.
• Evaluate and address the impacts of pending wind energy development on ESB surveys and stock assessments.
• Coordinate with regional wind energy scientists, fishing industry representatives, and offshore wind developers to formulate alternative sampling strategies for wind energy areas.
• Develop manuscripts, technical memorandums, reference documents, and presentation materials.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Have a B.S. degree in a field directly related to the task requirements.
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area or of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or masters or equivalent graduate degree.
• Have served as a researcher or member of a research team performing research on fisheries or related resource management.
• Have advanced experience with fisheries-independent survey design/methods.
• Have demonstrated experience analyzing complex (i.e., fisheries) data sets.
• Have demonstrated experience writing scientific papers for publication.
• Have demonstrated experience in preparing summary reports.
• Have demonstrated experience with GIS data applications.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess a strong ability to work closely with team members from a variety of backgrounds.
• Work independently with little supervision to accomplish tasks.
• Current MS Office skills.
• NSC Defensive Driving Course.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• PHP, PL/SQL, R, ArcGIS, and/or other programming languages.
• Oracle database systems.
Offshore Wind Energy Consultant R1
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide biological work and is looking for a person to fill a part-time, Offshore Wind Energy Consultant position starting in spring 2020.
This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA, or Narragansett, RI. You will be responsible for performing technical reviews and more, as outlined on right. Compensation is DOE and benefits.
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to:
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward to a friend
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241