Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Provide assistance in the construction, maintenance and repair of scientific fishing gear used on Ecosystems Surveys Branch research surveys and projects.
• Assemble or make appropriate repairs to survey and research fishing gear based on an assessment of damage and wear, ensuring adherence to all established standards and protocols.
• Assist with inspections and measurements on fishing and sampling gear to ensure adherence to established standards and protocols.
• Assists with the staging, transportation, unloading and installation of scientific survey gear and other equipment and supplies for ESB surveys and research projects.
• Assist with resupplying scientific fishing gear, materials, and hardware as required during field activities.• Assist efforts to maintain an inventory of all scientific sampling gear and up-to-date records of all scientific gear repairs and gear inspections.
• Assist with routine efforts to ensure a clean, safe and efficient workspace at the Pocasset Net Loft.
• Participate in resource survey or gear standardization surveys for a period of up to 60 days at sea per year.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with the assembly and repair of bottom trawl and/or scallop fishing gear.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with the scheduling and transportation of fishing or research sampling equipment.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience maintaining an inventory of fishing or research equipment and repairs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Current MS Office skills.
• Must meet OMAO health criteria for sea duty on NOAA vessels
• Must be capable of working at sea for extended periods (100 to 140 days annually).
• Must hold a valid state drives license with the ability to operate a Federal motor vehicle.
• Must have medical documentation indicating a passed TB test (PPD) within the past 12 months.
Equipment Specialist R1
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide biological work and looking for a person to fill a part-time, Equipment / Gear Specialist position starting in spring 2020.
Work will be conducted on-site at the NEFSC Net Loft in Pocasset, MA. Vessel staging and de-staging activities will occur at various ports in New England. At sea participation on research cruises would be aboard research vessels in the Northwest Atlantic. Compensation: DOE and Benefits
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to:
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded.
If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job.
Forward to a friend
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Ready to apply?
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241