Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• The contractor shall assist with the development of electronic fisheries sampling instruments and associated software that are to be deployed during survey operations.
• The contractor shall conduct maintenance and installation of electronic fisheries sampling instruments that are to be deployed during survey operations.
• The contractor shall test all primary and secondary systems, ensuring that electronics are ready for deployment during survey operations.
• The contractor shall prep and configure any interfacing software associated with electronic instruments prior to at-sea data collection.
• The contractor shall serve as a member of the scientific party standing watch for up to 12 hours per day.
• The contractor shall assist with the troubleshooting of electronic data acquisition systems.
• The contractor shall assist with general shipboard sampling activities, organization, and clean-up.
Skill, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Experience with the use and maintenance of oceanographic instruments as deployed from research vessels.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing common hardware and electronics problems at sea.
• Significant experience with the wiring of marine electronics.
• Familiarity with electronic data acquisition systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Current MS Office skills.
• Must meet OMAO health criteria for sea duty on NOAA vessels.
• Must be capable of working at sea for extended periods (trips range from 5 to 17 consecutive days at sea).
• Must hold a valid state drives license with the ability to operate a Federal motor vehicle.
• Must have medical documentation indicating a passed TB test (PPD) within the past 12 months.
Electrical Engineering Support Level II R1
Saltwater Inc. is is bidding on a contract to provide biological work and is looking for a person to fill a part-time, Electrical Engineering Support Level II position starting in spring 2020. This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA and deployed on research vessels.
You will work for Saltwater as a contractor based at one of the NOAA Laboratories of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center. As outlined in the right column, your responsibilities will include development and maintenance of electronic fisheries sampling instruments and associated software. Compensation: DOE and benefits.
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job.
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Forward to a friend
Ready to apply?
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241