Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Develop intranet application containing several modules to assist the Budget and Execution Branch and others in providing streamlined services in the area of planning, budget, finance, grants, acquisition and overall budget execution services. The application shall allow for staff to enter data/information and produce a variety of reports using a web portal.
• Provide lifecycle support of applications and ensure compliance of NEFSC baseline policies and procedures and data standards and governance.
• Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, incident and problem management, change and configuration management, and service level performance.
• Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage
• Provide application support functionality which includes:
1. Responding to technical inquiries
2. Software rationalization and lifecycle management
3. Performing routine monitoring and audits of systems
4. Application maintenance and troubleshooting
5. Coordinate and implement application patches, upgrades, and configuration changes
6. Application monitoring and performance tuning
7. Business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing, and configuration documentation
8. Analyze system and audit logs and identify potential issues
• Responsible for server builds, security, and transition from development, test, and production.
• Maintain all code using subversion or NEFSC standard.
• Coordinate with all Federal and contract employees where necessary to communicate application development impacts on baseline infrastructure systems governed by the CCB, and other entities that manage changes to the overall NEFSC IT infrastructure.
• Work in concurrence with IT Security Officer (ITSO) to maintain and implement Operating and Database Application Systems Support Services security.
• Maintain the documented NEFSC standard code library
• Create and maintain Systems and User documentation for all developed applications.
• Deliver and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) library in the areas of application development.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• B.S\B.A in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ yrs experience in application development or a related field.
• Agile Development experience or similar methodology desired.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment that includes flexibility working with a team in an organization that is dispersed; coordinating with the work of others; facilitating interactions among team members with diverse skill sets.
• CompTIA A+ Certified preferred.
Application Programmer: Developer,R2
Saltwater Inc. is is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs, including a full-time Application Programmer: Developer position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
You'll be responsible to develop an intranet application containing several modules to assist the Budget and Execution Branch and others in providing streamlined services in the area of planning, budget, finance, grants, acquisition and overall budget execution services. The application shall allow for staff to enter data/information and produce a variety of reports using a web portal. See detailed outline in right column – and let us know if you're interested!
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: Kathy.email@example.com
Compensation: Based on experience.
This is a NOAA ProTech-Fisheries contracted position. To learn more about ProTech, visit: https://www.protechservices.noaa.gov/mission.php
Forward to a friend
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241