Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Six months specialized experience in a library that required specific knowledge about and execution of library rules, policies, and procedures for circulation, collection maintenance, reference services, and interlibrary loan. A 4-year bachelor degree with coursework in library sciences may be substituted for specialized experience.
• Knowledge and ability to assist with maintaining the physical collections, ensuring that materials are available and accessible to patrons
• Knowledge and ability to assist with orderly downsizing or elimination of a physical collection.
• Provide training to NEFSC staff members on reference and citation software (EndNote, for example.).
• Knowledge and ability to assist staff with obtaining materials not housed in NEFSC collections by executing interlibrary loans and other lending agreement.
• Knowledge and ability to provide reference services as requested.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Library Technician, R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Library Technician position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• Execute core library tasks as assigned tasks -- shelving, inventory, acquisitions, weeding, cataloging, and preservation.
• Document archival and rare materials.
• Execute tasks to offer non-retention materials to appropriate collections/individuals elsewhere.
• Execute deaccession of records.
• Assist in the recycling of Library materials.
• Conduct citation searches.
• Provide staff training on reference and citation software.
• Respond to general reference questions from patrons and the public.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241