Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree with four (4) years’ experience, or master's degree with two (2) years’ experience, or Ph.D. with one (1) year experience; degree and experience must be directly related to communications, marketing, new media, public relations, or a similar field.
• Knowledge, skill and the ability to assist with planning and designing social media campaigns and content to support the overall editorial calendar.
• Knowledge, skill and the ability to develop content for digital platforms, including reworking content into multiple formats, writing for digital media and creating visual support products for social media.
• Knowledge, skill and the ability to administer and moderate the NEFSC Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Knowledge, skill and the ability to produce analytics on NEFSC social media impact and to report them.
• Ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud photo, video, and audio production software to produce visual and audio support products for use on digital platforms.
• Ability to learn and conform to agency web and visualization policies, styles, guidelines, and its content management system.
• Qualification and the ability to drive a government vehicle
• Ability to work occasional overtime in conjunction with events and content opportunities supporting content development
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Communications Specialist/Social Media Manager R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Communications Specialist/Social Media Manager position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Provide ideas on amplifying content using social media platforms.
• Maintain a current editorial calendar
• Provide content for digital platforms.
• Create visual support products for social media such as short videos, memes, and photographs. Administer and moderate NEFSC Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Complete required pre-publication review and approvals for planned posts.
• Monitor digital account activity, including responding to inquiries, reporting issues raised followers/commenters.
• Act as a ‘first responder’ if there are security breaches, initiating the security response plan.
• Drive a Government vehicle
• Work occasional overtime in conjunction with events and content opportunities
• Travel within the region as required.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241