Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
Skills, Experience and Education Requirement:
• Proficient with custom-written and commercially available data analysis software.
• Proficient with programming in open-source computer software, such as Python 3, Perl, and R.
• Significant experience with post-processing acoustic data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Must be proficient with Echoview post-processing software.
• Must be proficient with programming in open-source computer languages such as Python 3, Perl, and R.
• Current MS Office skills.
• Must meet OMAO health criteria for sea duty on NOAA vessels.
• Must be capable of working at sea for extended periods (trips range from 5 to 17 consecutive days at sea).
• Must hold a valid state driver’s license with the ability to operate a Federal motor vehicle.
• Must have medical documentation indicating a passed TB test (PPD) within the past 12 months.
Active Acoustic Data Analysis Support, R1
Saltwater Inc. is a small, innovative company that collects data on fisheries and oceans and is bidding on a contract to provide Biological work. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Active Acoustic Data Analysis Support position starting in spring 2020. Work location can be flexible as long as you have sufficient computer resources, as well as aboard research vessels in the Northwest Atlantic Ocean.
• The contractor shall assist with acoustic data analysis on data collected by the NEFSC and/or academic, governmental, and industry partners.
• The contractor shall assist with report, manuscript, and presentation preparation.
• The contractor shall communicate analyses and results at scientific conferences and meetings with academic, governmental, and industry partners through presentations, posters, or other digital media.
• The contractor shall serve as a member of the scientific party standing watch for up to 12 hours per day.
• The contractor shall assist with general shipboard sampling activities, organization, and clean-up
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: email@example.com
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job. Compensation: DOE and benefits Apply with both Resume and cover letter.
Compensation: Based on experience
Forward to a friend
Ready to apply?
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241