Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation development.
• Moderate Knowledge of Federal financial management, analysis of data, creating charts, acquisition
• Process, looking for errors and problem-solving.
• Familiarity with planning, budget execution, and Federal financial management and operations.
• Knowledge of Appropriations Law.
• Four (4) year degree in business or related field is required.
• Proficient in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Budget Analyst R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs. We are looking for a person to fill a full-time Budget Analyst position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• Provide guidance on animal health issues and nutrition and is responsible for medical treatment to maintain animal health and well-being.
• Assist in reviews of budget formulation and budget execution. Provide interdisciplinary expertise related to administration and project management, business processes, and financial management.
• Assist in monitoring financial performance such as fund transfers, status of obligations and disbursements. Reconcile and correct discrepancies in NMFS financial management systems (e.g. CBS, MARS) following established protocols, and review for accuracy
• Performing a full range of administrative duties to include database entry, filing, electronic spreadsheet development and tracking of financial and procurement activities.
• Audit of program policies to ensure compliance with NOAA and NMFS polices.
• Assist with the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures and maintains updates to those policies that can be electronically disseminated to staff. Review and provide recommendations for improvements
• Process Budget Operating Plans (BOPs) into Commerce Business Systems (CBS).
• Collect data and conduct a cost analysis for the execution of budgets.
• Develop financial spreadsheets and graphs in prescribed formats.
• Develop training presentations and conduct webinars with budget staff and management.
• Coordinate efforts between Federal agencies in the development of memorandum of understandings and interagency agreements. Must be familiar with Cost Reimbursable federal process.
• Generate reports in the Management Administration Reporting System (MARS) financial system as necessary
• Assist with preparing documentation for Document Level Adjustment for non-labor and labor (DLA/DLCA).
• Assist with strategic planning, performance measures and coordinates with Divisions to gather data for input into program Budget worksheets
• Conduct random audits on financial systems and on obligating documentation.
• Assist in ensuring submitted budget plans agree with overall targets, create funds variance analyses, assist with year-end financial close-out processes, assist with ad-hoc data calls (e.g. issuing, tracking, and responding)
• Assist in preparing cost documentation reports, tracking, conducting reconciliations, and coordinating actions as needed.
• Recommend process improvements to the budget, tracking, and documentation processes
• Assist with other budget monitoring and execution responsibilities as needed
• Review and process invoices for utility and service agreement accounts; field questions from vendors regarding the status of accounts; correspond with Finance Division to determine account standings. Maintain appropriate files and supporting documents.
• Track expenditures and provide the monthly status of funds using an internal excel tracking tool
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241