Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED and successful completion of 2 years of study that included at least 12 semester hours in any combination of courses such as biology, chemistry, statistics, entomology, animal husbandry, botany, physics, agriculture, mathematics or related field.
• Experience in laboratory or fieldwork requiring knowledge of technical methods, processes, and procedures common in biological studies.
• Knowledge of aquarium life husbandry and life support systems, and basic fish biology required.
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, adhere to established procedures, be punctual and adhere to a work schedule.
• Ability to handle physical exertion for moderate periods of time including standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting light objects.
• Ability to safely handle knives, other cutting tools for food prep and hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches.
• Familiarity with microcomputers and ability to understand and conform to agency cybersecurity requirements and procedures.
• Ability to work well in a team and to deal with the public.
• Ability to pass training requirements for operating a Government vehicle
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Biological Technician R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Biological Technician position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• The biological technician works with the rest of the aquarium staff, assisting with animal husbandry, life support systems, animal medical care, and visitor services as directed
• Prepare food for animals and feed animals.
• Monitor and report on food stores and supplies, and to restock as necessary.
• Utilize biological laboratory and medical testing and sampling equipment as instructed.
• Carefully observe and document injury, illness, aggression, stress, breeding activity, and food intake of animals in the collection.
• Conduct habitat and exhibit maintenance.
• Assist with visitor services and take reservations.
• Operate a government vehicle as necessary.
• Appropriate use of biological laboratory and medical testing and sampling equipment as instructed.
• Clean aquarium habitats, animals care areas and back-of-house workspaces
• Provide light repair/maintenance to exhibits and habitats.
• Assist with planning and executing events and activities for school groups, VIPs, and other special groups as requested or directed.
• Greet and speak with visitors in an informative and respectful way.
• Assist with developing and maintaining educational materials used for activities.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241