Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
• Experience with accounting, acquisition, purchasing or related field
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility and patience to work with a team within an organization that is dispersed.
• Proficient in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint..
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Acquisition: Administrative Technician R2
We are looking for a person to fill a full-time Acquisition: Administrative Technician position starting Spring/Summer 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
• Utilize acquisition database application to create requisitions to include support documentation.
• Data entry, scanning, shredding, electronic spreadsheet development and daily tracking of procurement requisitions.
• Update and perform data entry in the existing budget and/or purchase tracker database.
• Communicating (via telephone and in writing) professionally and effectively to vendors, staff and customers.
• Obtaining quotes, conducting market research and documenting finds as directed by the Procurement staff.
• Processing invoices for payment through email and/or electronic databases.
• Interacting with vendors and NOAA Finance Office to resolve payment and invoice disputes.
• Receiving packages and processing packages for shipment.
• Assist with creating, maintaining and archiving procurement files, and supporting record-keeping system for administrative records.
• Assist with tracking budget execution documentation to include travel, purchase card, purchase order, grants, etc.
• Support property management and accountability activities. Act in property contact role as needed.
• Assist with other programmatic administrative functions as necessary.
• Maintain efficient budget planning and tracking and invoice and contract fund tracking spreadsheets/databases.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241