Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD),
• obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical
• Association Council on Education (AVMA).
• Veterinary technician credential plus minimal five (5) years’ experience working with wild animals directly related to the requirements.
• Must be a licensed veterinarian certified to practice and write prescriptions in Massachusetts.
• Experienced in caring for fish, invertebrates, marine mammals, and sea turtles.
• Experienced in medical records systems consistent with AZA guidelines.
• Comfortable working with aquarium staff, interns and volunteers.
• Comfortable working with public in close proximity.
• Ability to provide routine and emergency calls, both in person and remotely.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to provide regular, and occasionally emergency, veterinary consultation.
• Ability to work closely with the staff, instructing, monitoring, and documenting animal health and care.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to establish and improve protocols as needed for standard health monitoring, recordkeeping, and animal care to ensure that health problems are found quickly and reported.
• Qualification to write prescriptions, order medical and lab tests.
• Qualification and ability to drive a government vehicle.
• Ability to work occasional overtime in conjunction with emergency events.
• Ability to travel within the region as required to support animal care and collection development.
• Local availability.
Veterinarian of Marine Animals R2
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a contract to provide a myriad of jobs. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time (approx. 30 hrs./mo.), Veterinarian of marine animals position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility.
The veterinarian provides guidance on animal health issues and nutrition and is responsible for medical treatment to maintain animal health and well-being.
• Provide regular, and occasionally emergency, veterinary consultation
• Conduct routine physical examination of animals in the collection Diagnose illness and injuries animals in the collection.
• Prescribe and administer medicines, medical tests, and treatments.
• Monitor, evaluate, and maintain animal health.
• Work closely with the staff, instructing, monitoring, and documenting animal health and care.
• Establish and/or improve NESC protocols for standard health monitoring, recordkeeping, and animal care in the aquarium to ensure that health problems are found quickly and reported.
• Ensure safe and effective operation of x-ray unit.
• Occassional travel within the region.
• Work occasional overtime in emergency events, and a flexible schedule.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply, you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply.
Compensation: DOE and benefits. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241