Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Draft software development plans that outline approaches to be utilize to produce stock assessment software.
• Discuss software plans with stock assessment biologists and modify development plans based on input provided.
• Develop code, input/output interfaces, GUIs and documentation associated with the stock assessment software needs.
• Update and/or work with software developers to ensure stock assessment software tools meet user needs.
• Provide first-line user support for stock assessment model software.
• Keep abreast of NOAA and IT policies to ensure compliance and appropriate provision of stock assessment modeling software.
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
• Graduate degree in marine science, fisheries, quantitative ecology, computer programming or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant programming experience.
• Familiarity and experience with NOAA Fisheries’ stock assessments including a basic understanding of analytical techniques and terminology.
• Knowledge and/or experience with statistical software, such as R, Splus, SAS, MATLAB.
• Experience and understanding of code versioning software, such as Git, SVN, mercurial, and others.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of graphical user interfaces for scientific purposes and familiarity with the design.
• Knowledge of web-based software and website management.
• Experience with developing and implementing standards in software and data management and documentation.
• Demonstrated proficiency for the following skill sets:
- Project management for complex and technical scientific programs.
- Coordinating and leading diverse project teams to develop, improve, and achieve program goals.
- Communication, both verbally and using written materials (including visual presentation), with a variety of audiences including technical, scientific, and non-scientific.
- Working independently with strong time management skills.
- Adaptability to quickly changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
Stock Assessment Software Development R3
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a federal contract and we are looking for a person to fill a full-time, Stock Assessment Software Development position, starting in spring 2020. This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA or Narragansett, RI.
Your job will be working for Saltwater as a contractor working at one of the NOAA Laboratories of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center. Your responsibilities are outlined in the right column.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: email@example.com.
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job.
Compensation: DOE and benefits. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward to a friend
Ready to apply?
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241