Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Prepare written proposals and plans for stock assessment methods and model development.
• Perform data and statistical analyses to develop and evaluate new methods and model development.
• Develop and test methods for robustness including sensitivity analyses as appropriate.
• Update and/or work with software developers to ensure stock assessment model tools meet user needs.
• Prepare software document and summary reports.
• Prepare and deliver scientific presentations to internal audiences and at national and international research fora.
• Prepare drafts of scientific papers for submission to peer review journals.
• Prepare monthly status reports on work performed and projected work.
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
• Graduate degree in fisheries, quantitative ecology, or related field.
Familiarity and experience with NOAA Fisheries’ stock assessments including an understanding of analytical techniques and terminology.
• Experience with developing and implementing standards in data management and documentation.
• Demonstrated proficiency for the following skill sets:
- Project management for complex and technical scientific programs.
- Coordinating and leading diverse project teams to develop, improve, and achieve program goals.
- Communication, both verbally and using written materials (including visual presentations) with a variety of audiences including technical, scientific, and the general public.
- Working independently with strong time management skills.
- Adaptability to quickly changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
Stock Assessment Development and Support R3
Saltwater Inc. is bidding on a federal contract and looking for a person to fill a full-time, Stock Assessment Development and Support position, starting in spring 2020. This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA or Narragansett, RI.
Your job will be working for Saltwater as a contractor working at one of the NOAA Laboratories of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center. This position requires experience in analyzing and summarizing fisheries data to be used in the production of stock assessment products with varying levels of complexity. You will use existing data systems and software, development components of stock assessments, including data preparation and analysis of commercial and recreational catch discard data; fishery independent survey data; age, growth and reproductive data; observer data; cooperative research collected data and other independent studies. You will summarize results in working papers that will be presented and discussed within working groups. You will present and discuss final assessment results with a peer review panel, before summarizing final results in stock assessment reports. Further job descriptions are available upon request.
How to Apply:
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to:email@example.com
When you apply you must indicate which job you are applying for otherwise your resume will be discarded. Saltwater is an equal opportunity employer.
If you do not meet the required skills and experience, please do not apply for this job. Compensation: DOE and benefits.
Forward to a friend
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241