Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
• Assisting with coordination of student programs in the APO, notably the Partnership Education Program (PEP) and additional, to-be-developed intern programs in NEFSC facilities. Coordination includes helping to recruit and select participants, helping plan program activities, having the lead on organizing events, and interacting with and mentoring students on a day-to- day basis.
• Establish a system for tracking graduates of PEP and other NEFSC academic programs; locating participants from previous years, especially for PEP, and setting up a system for continuing to gather data from previous and future participants.
• Establish and maintain a program alumni association (especially for PEP graduates).
• Work with education professionals from partner institutions, identify tools for monitoring and evaluating programs – with emphasis on identifying different evaluation tools for different types of program.
• Help APO develop a system for reviewing existing programs throughout the Center and identifying ways the existing programs can be improved and new programs may be established. Task may involve travel to NEFSC laboratories to observe programs and to assist in setting up new programs.
• Assist in recruiting students for APO programs; recruitment may involve travel for campus visits and for participation in professional meetings and conferences.
• Represent APO and NEFSC on committees that include: Woods Hole Black History Month Committee; NOAA Fisheries Education Council; other local community committees.
• Work with NEFSC Communications staff on maintaining an updated, efficient APO website – writing, editing, and gathering new materials for the site, and assisting with design.
• Some travel shall be required.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in education and/or program coordination and support.
• Background in science that includes undergraduate major or minor (or significant course work) in natural sciences and research experience in a natural science.
• Demonstrated leadership working with and/or participating in groups of students, including high school and undergraduates, and including students from communities under-represented in STEM – experience should include day-to-day supervision of diverse groups of students, and teaching and/or mentoring relationships with individual students.
• Success working with educational professionals in academic and research environments on issues of program evaluation, curriculum development, recruitment, diversity and inclusion.
• Experience with social media, and with evolving possibilities of new media.
Academic Program Coordinator, R2
Saltwater Inc. is looking for a person to fill a full-time Academic Program Coordinator position starting in spring 2020. Work location may be flexible and/or may be conducted at a NEFSC facility. Description:
The position will involve helping coordinate student programs, establishing a tracking system for graduates, establish and maintain a program alumni association, working with education professionals from partner institutions, recruiting students on and off campuses and more. Some travel will be required.
Take a look at the more detailed outline of responsibilities and job requirement in the right column – and let us know if you're interested!
To help us understand why you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your past work and how you are qualified for this job to: Kathy.email@example.com
Compensation: Based on experience
This is a NOAA ProTech-Fisheries contracted position.
Forward to a friend
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241