Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Forward to a friend
Want to know more?
• Coordinate and distribute electronic company-wide weekly updates
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours)
• Track incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance
• Organize welcome, paperwork, office equipment, and training for new hires
• Manage company Facebook page and other social media as needed
• Develop and implement administrative systems (worker’s comp claims, record management, etc.)
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper)
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout
• Coordinate project travel
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Experience with Apple computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint), Acrobat and Quickbooks
• Excellent organizational skills
Want to know more?
• Experience in the scientific environment with emphasis on commercial fisheries management and observer deployments. Must be demonstrated work experience.
• Personnel management. Must be demonstrated work experience.
• A Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher in fisheries, Natural Science, Biology, etc.
• Worked as an Observer/field biologist; if it is specific to the observer program you are applying to, that’s a bonus
The PM must have strong people skills, excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, organizational skills, computer skills (Excel, Word, database, and internet use), and be able to multi-task in a fluid environment.
Salary range is dependent on the program, experience and solicitation.
Resumes are due no later than December 1st, but will be gladly accepted beforehand.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to Kathy.email@example.com. In your cover letter please include your relevant skills and experience and why you think you would be great at this job.
We will honor all requests for application confidentially.
Forward to a friend
We are looking for a Program Manager who can handle complicated day-to-day logistics while keeping an eye on the big picture. You must be able to maintain focus, even when being interrupted by a myriad of distractions and reprioritize tasks at a moment’s notice. You need to be someone who can handle the “heat in the kitchen” and still maintain a calm demeanor with clients and employees. You must be a critical thinker, dedicated to getting your work completed, have excellent communication skills and be able to grasp basic budget concepts. You should be someone who gains satisfaction from working with people on a daily basis, and be fun to work with. If this sounds like you and this opportunity fits with your professional goals, we may have a job for you. The following description is about the program we are recruiting for:
Saltwater will be submitting a proposal to provide observers for the 2018 Pacific Island Region Observer Program (PIROP.) We are looking for full-time, Honolulu-based Program Manager (PM) for a 5-year contract if Saltwater is the successful bidder. Work may start in the fall of 2018.
The PM will be Saltwater’s principal liaison with PIROP/NMFS and will be responsible for:
• All aspects of overall performance on the contract
• Managing Observer Coordinators and Observers
• Communicating with NMFS staff
• Ensuring coverage goals are met
• Fisheries logistics, including projecting fishing activity, monitoring and adjusting observer coverage, documenting fishing vessel activity and managing call logs.
• Acting as primary contact in case of emergency
• Liaising with the fishing fleet daily
• Ensuring data quality
• Scheduling trainings and briefing
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241