Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Accurate and timely review of EM data.
• Installation and service EM systems on commercial fishing vessels.
• Vessel crew EM system training.
• Individualized ongoing technical support to each vessel.
• Extensive travel on short notice is often required.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Previous experience as a fisheries observer.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude/skills.
• Demonstrated data analysis and data management skills.
• Ability to develop practical solutions to problems.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Proficient with computer technologies.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Marine technician experience.
• Installation experience (CCTV, GIS, computer networks, home security systems).
• Ability to use software such as Excel, Word, ArcGIS, Milestone or other VMS.
• Understanding of basic electricity (low voltage) and electronics.
• Spanish language skills.
• Location: Anchorage, AK
• Terms: This is a full-time, hourly position.
• Compensation: DOE plus benefits.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Electronic Monitoring (EM) Data Reviewer/Technician — Anchorage, AK
We are looking for an individual to handle the many facets of data collection and review — from preparation, installation, maintenance and technical support of Saltwater's EM systems to data review.
In the role of EM data reviewer, individual will be responsible for the accurate and timely review of data from various EM projects in the Alaska region. This data includes video and sensor data from vessel fishing trips. As an EM technician, the individual will install and service EM systems on vessels and provide vessel crew the training and support they need to integrate this technology into their fishing operation as seamlessly as possible.
EM Install Servicing Duties:
EM Technicians are involved with all aspects of the installation and upkeep of Saltwater’s EM system on commercial fishing vessels. Our primary duty is the preparation, installation, (including configuration), and servicing of the physical components of the EM system. EM techs provide custom installations and individualized technical support to each vessel involved in the EM program. Extensive travel on short notice is often required to keep up with the erratic schedules of commercial fishing fleets.
Data Review Duties:
Data collected by the EM system is reviewed using Saltwater’s EM review software and established protocols to produce trip-level data summaries based on the objectives of each EM project. Reviewers will also document EM system performance and data quality for each trip.
Please submit the required information: resume, cover letter, at least 3 professional references (name, email address and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward to a friend
Ready to apply?
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241