Want to know more?
• Collect crab shell measurements.
• Carry out crab ID and sexing.
• Sample and report by-catch.
• Collect information on daily fishing effort & activity.
• Radio reports to ADF&G.
• Identify threatened birds, fish and corals.
• A BS in biology (any branch) or limnology; or
• A valid NMFS certification; or
• Other fisheries related education or work experience approved by ADF&G.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Other fisheries education or work experience.
• A valid NMFS certification.
Candidates must pass an intensive 3-week class with a score of 90% or better. ADF&G conducts training courses in Kodiak in in September and December. Current Training Schedule