Work at Saltwater
How to Apply
North Pacific Groundfish
Alaska Shellfish (Crab)
West Coast Groundfish
Links for Observers
Southeast Atlantic Fisheries
Want to know more?
• Manage staff calendar (including tracking of part-time staff hours).
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Act as first contact point for visitors to the office or callers who need immediate assistance.
• Manage filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Manage inventories of supplies and equipment including forward planning for projects.
• Manage office facilities including maintenance, equipment, supplies, and layout, and including employee apartments.
• Coordinate project travel.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently
• Organizational skills and the ability to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to inspire a professional and collegial environment
• Ability to operate Mac-based computer systems and MS Office programs
• IT experience would be a bonus
Want to know more?
The corporate accountant will assist the CFO with a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
• Preparing, reviewing, posting and managing all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
• Journal entries and account reconciliations
• Overseeing accounting procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and project-specific requirements
• Preparing and analyzing financial data to support business decisions
• Preparing special financial reports through collecting, analyzing, and summarizing financial data and trends
Experience, Skills and Professional Attributes Required:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent experience; CPA or CMA preferred
• 3-6 years’ experience as an accountant or bookkeeper with a working knowledge of industry accounting, budgeting, and GAAP
• Strong analytical skills
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
• A strong work ethic and proven ability to manage deadlines
• Excel at working independently and be successful as a team player
• Skillful managing multiple tasks and prioritizing deadlines appropriately
• Be dependable and adaptable
Full-Time Corporate Accountant Position Available in Anchorage, Alaska
At Saltwater, we are passionate about protecting the sustainability of our oceans. We believe that high-quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans. Our mission is to provide that data.
Saltwater is seeking a full-time corporate accountant to join its small administrative team. Our ideal job candidate will be: self-motivated with strong analytical skills, resourceful, organized, adept at creative problem-solving, and a team player who excels in a dynamic environment. We would prefer they have supervisory experience; proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Google Enterprise Suite, and Macintosh operating systems; and experience managing the import & export of data.
The successful applicant will have the ability to support Saltwater’s management team through creating budgets and tools for use in winning competitive bids and other business ventures.
We appreciate your interest in joining our team and are looking forward to receiving your application. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Accounting@SaltwaterInc.com
Forward to a friend
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our jobs are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law, military and veteran status, genetic makeup, or any other legally protected status.
Ready to apply?
Saltwater Inc. • 733 N Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • Phone (907) 276-3241 • Toll-Free (800) 770-3241